Man Church 3 Off To Terrific Start


Over 950 men met at LakePointe for the first MAN CHURCH of season 3. Steve Stroope's theme was "Make a Splash," where he talked about our need to "get out of the boat." If you want to hear it, audio will be available in a week or so. At the end, we had a time for Q&A. It was "wheels off," but nothing out of the ordinary for Man Church. The one question I did not have time to read: "ARE THOSE YOUR SWIM TRUNKS, OR YOUR BOXERS?" Sorry I missed that one.


Man Church is awesome. It is so authentic. It is real. We (when I say, "we," I mean probably 50 or so men who have input, make decisions, and generally help make it what it is) do a great job of making it a place that is never fake. We say what is on our mind (even if we probably shouldn't - you know what I'm talking about). I'd say it's "NO B.S.," but we can't even say that any more.

The "Man Band" was so good. Man, it was great to worship my God, and the music was so loud I could not hear myself. That's the way we like it at Man Church. We want to sing, but we ONLY want God to hear us. Frankly, I don't want anyone to hear me, and I certainly don't want anyone to hear me. So, we turn the audio up on purpose.

It was nice to have two pro's with us - Danny Davis helped Joel and the Man Band with music, and Wes Hartley (King of all Media), helped the media team with the new sound system.

Lance and the burger-cookers cooked over 1,200 pieces of meat! Man meat. Burgers with cheese and bread. Hot Dogs - lots of them (no tellin' what's in those things, but they sure are good). We had NO LEFTOVERS - MAN STYLE.

We like to beat our chests and talk about how "manly" we are. The truth is that Man Church is not about how manly we are. It's about how weak we are. We are weak, and stupid, and unprepared, and stupid, and stupid. We do things we don't want to do. We say things we wish we didn't. We think things that embarrass even us. But we want to do right, and we want to be leaders, and we want to make a difference. Above all, we want to make a difference. So, we come to Man Church to learn how to make a difference.

Steve started the process with his charge: GET OUT OF YOUR BOAT. If you missed it, I beg you to check the www.lpmanchurch.com site and listen to what he said. He was so "on" it is silly.

We had our first Q&A. This is the big change this year. Each month, we'll give you a chance to ask the speaker a question. This helps us make sure every message is relevant. We answered as many as we could, and Steve will send me his answers to the ones we did not ask. Check back - the next post to this blog will be his answers to the questions asked but not answered.

Thanks to so many - especially Lance Chisholm, Russ Childers, Brad Lamberth, Barry Luff and Mason Randall. If you see one of these three, please thank them. They are the unsung heros of Man Church. I (Greg B) get lots of thanks, but they are the ones who make it happen.

Check back often. I will blog at least twice a week. At least one of those will be funny (I define what humor is, so you can be the judge).

0 comments: